Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MOSTLY PONCHOS

Last week's Sunday Times came with a bonus: The Men's Fall Fashion 2010 magazine.
And, let me tell you, it is quite refreshing to see a magazine dedicated to only men peppered with advertisements featuring only men.
For it is soooo rare.
But, there was nothing that great in the magazine that blew my mind.
Listen up guys, if you want to be in style this winter it is all about fur hooded jackets and boots for the snow. And, we all know how desperate you need a pair of those in Tucson.
I miss 2005, though....
especially when I think back to when Missoni came out with a line of Ponchos for men.
Who cares if it is 2005 or 2010.
Because, when I went to the Santa Muerte Music and Arts Festival at the
Rialto Theatre, Mostly Bears bassist, Geoff Hidalgo Totally rocked it.
Could have been 1972, could have been whenever...
(sorry for the blur photo)
But you see it right?
Kinda all ghostly and white.
I am not sure what the fabric consisted of, but,
it could have been crocheted for all I care.


Forget the snow boots and fur hooded jackets, fellow male Tucsonans.
In this desert you are better off with a easy poncho.
I mean, it is so Southwest and
who needs to worry about buttons, snaps, and drawstring hoods
when you can slip it right over the head and be done.
Easy on- easy off.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

that poncho geoff is wearin' has seen a lot of action in its day. check it: www.brianlopezmusic.com