Since we live in the hot desert and I enjoy eating bacon,
I usually prefer to wear something along these lines.
I usually prefer to wear something along these lines.

But, at last night's VMA's, Lady Gaga took it to a whole new level.
This morning when I first laid eyes on this rare get-up, I felt a huge mix of emotions.
1. I felt jealous that I didn't have my own slab gown hanging in my wardrobe closet.
2. I felt a bit queasy since this was before breakfast.
3. I felt like a failure for not coming up with this idea first.
It is so clever though- the string tied boots, the slab-hat on the head, adorned with
sparkly rhinestones...
(BIG SIGH)

I love a woman who loves eating rare meat.
And, since this isn't the first time she's sported some type of carnivore couture,
I may just be in love.

But, she's not the first, nor will she be the last (I give Gaga another 5 years).
I do feel inspired. Perhaps, textile design should be next on the list.
Meat has all different colorings considering how long it is cooking.
So, when I think about meat clothing, it is not just red.
We got shades of pinks, creams, and why not, black?
I think the opera length fingerless gloves give this look a nice touch.
Can we say, prosciutto.....
Bacon Ked's.
C'mon vegetarians! You are missing out.

If you would like to read a bit about Nicola Formichetti ,
the cleaver genius behind Gaga's meat dress, you can find it in the Los Angeles Times.
They say that "he is fond of red meat". You don't say....



No comments:
Post a Comment