Wednesday, May 20, 2009

black hole sun

Ok. Ok.
I know that it is already summer in the desert and we have already hit the 100 degree mark.
However... the monsoon is starting early.... it's overcast today and only in the mid 80's.

So...

I think that I can safely admit that I have been really turned on by my new vintage flannel shirt lately.
Weird, true.
No one ever accused me of being perfectly sane.

I know that the grunge look has been poking it'
s greasy head out of the vaults recently... but I prefer to believe that I have maybe been influenced by the Kills (who shopped at Preen) show at Club Congress not too long ago. Even before that there was a rainy day that propelled me into a Sunday of Concrete Blonde, red wine, a bleached denim skirt and the aforementioned shirt.

Let's go back even further to the recovery of th
is photo of me and friend in high school (circa 1992?) on my last trip to my childhood home...

Grungerific, huh?

In case you don't know, I am the one on the left. Please note my bleached out jeans. Thank you.

The new/old flannel I have been sporting with 2 black slips, etc.
Maybe a better picture later... this is all I have
for now...

I know this isn't the greatest picture, but you get the idea.

I purchased this one at Preen. We have more. Who cares that it is soon to be 200 degrees in Tucson?


No comments: